Stanley Moore was born into two prominent farmer families. After military service during WWII, he immersed himself in Farmers Union activities. He rose to become the President of the North Dakota Farmers Union in 1975. He held many other leadership positions, including serving as the vice president of the National Farmers Union. Moore was a visionary and a leader and was known for his business acumen, people skills, and service orientation. He was a strong advocate of education, and the Stanley Moore National Scholarship is a fitting memorial of his many achievements.
Stanley Moore National Scholarship Details
The NFU awards several $1,500 scholarships every year. Here are some details about the scholarship.
- Targeted Group: Only Farmers Union members and their children may apply.
- Eligibility: High school seniors, college students, or non-traditional students seeking funding to attend a two or four-year accredited college or university or technical school for any area of study.
- Degree Type: Undergraduate student
- GPA Requirement: No minimum requirement
- Study Requirement: Full-time
- Award Amount: $1,500 to be used for tuition and books
- Number of scholarships: Several
- Award criteria: Recipients will be selected based on academic records, social and community activities, a typed essay describing personal and professional goals, and involvement with Farmers Union.
- Application Requirements:
- Completed application forms can be submitted through Google forms or by printing out and mailing the pdf version.
- A copy of the transcript of the most recently completed academic school year can be included in the application and does not need to be mailed separately by the school or university. College students can send an unofficial copy of their transcript that includes the current school year in addition to the previous.
- Letters of recommendation from any Farmers Union leader AND from a teacher or professor.
- Typed essay – three pages, 12-point Times New Roman font with one-inch margins.
- There may be a phone interview with finalists.
- Application Deadline: April 1. Recipients will be selected and announced by July 31.
About the NFU
Family farmers founded the NFU in 1902 in Point, Texas. From its start, National Farmers Union has advocated for increased cooperative rights, fair market access for farmers, direct election of senators, and voting rights for women. The NFU has always worked to protect and enhance the economic well-being and quality of life for family farmers, fishers, ranchers, and rural communities.
Wondering How to Find More Great Scholarship Opportunities?
If you’re a student looking for an effortless way to find more great scholarship opportunities like this one, then check out Scholar’s App. It’s an all-in-one scholarship application management service that helps you find and win scholarships. Best of all, it’s completely free!
If you are a counselor looking to help your students instantly connect with verified scholarships, then Scholar’s App can help you too!
Lastly, if you are a scholarship donor or administrator, Scholar’s App can help you take your scholarship to the next level! Scholar’s App connects donors with qualified candidates. Using our scholarship application management software, you can post your listing, receive completed applications, collaborate with your review committee, and even send award notifications. Create a free account to start receiving more qualified and completed applications today!