The Swiss Benevolent Society of New York (SBS) is the most significant Swiss charitable organization in the New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut tri-state area. The SBS has established the Swiss Benevolent Society Merit Scholarship.
About the Swiss Benevolent Society of New York (SBS)
The SBS was founded in 1832 and is the oldest Swiss charitable organization in the United States. The society’s mission is to serve the needs of Swiss and Swiss-Americans of all ages.
The SBS Merit Scholarship Details
The SBS scholarships have been funded since 1979 by a legacy from Swiss businessman Andrew Pellegrini. These scholarships were previously known as the Pellegrini Scholarships. Since the scholarship program’s inception, the society’s tuition assistance has made a tremendous difference in the lives of hundreds of Swiss or Swiss-Americans. Here are some details about the Swiss Benevolent Society Merit Scholarship.
- Targeted Group: full-time students (12 or more semester credits) enrolled for vocational or undergraduate, or graduate academic studies at an accredited school.
- General Eligibility Requirements:
- The applicant, or at least one parent, must be a Swiss national.
- The applicant must be a U.S. Resident.
- Applicants must have been permanently domiciled in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, or Delaware for two or more years.
- Degree Type: Vocational, Undergraduate, or Graduate at an accredited school
- Requirement: A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Study Requirement: Full-time
- Award amount: The amount varies.
- Award criteria: Based solely on merit and aptitude for the chosen field of study
Check out the official FAQ for more information on the SBS Scholarships.
Wondering How to Find More Great Scholarship Opportunities?
If you’re a student looking for an effortless way to find more great scholarship opportunities like this one, then check out Scholar’s App. It’s an all-in-one scholarship application management service that helps you find and win scholarships. Best of all, it’s completely free!
If you are a counselor looking to help your students instantly connect with verified scholarships, then Scholar’s App can help you too!
Lastly, if you are a scholarship donor or administrator, Scholar’s App can help you take your scholarship to the next level! Scholar’s App connects donors with qualified candidates. Using our scholarship application management software, you can post your listing, receive completed applications, collaborate with your review committee, and even send award notifications. Create a free account to start receiving more qualified and completed applications today!