USAID is the world’s premier international development agency. It administers civilian foreign aid and development help. Its work advances US national security and is a testament to American generosity.
USAID is an independent agency of the US federal government. It has a budget of over $27 million.
The Foreign Service is a branch of the USAID. Foreign Service Officers (FSOs) use their knowledge and expertise to promote democratic values in foreign countries. FSOs form the core staff of USAID’s overseas offices, which are called “missions.”
The Donald M. Payne International Development Fellowship honors the late Donald M. Payne, a long-serving Congressman and a grand champion of international development. The Fellowship program targets those who have a strong interest in a Foreign Service career at USAID. The selection panel gives strong consideration to applicants from diverse backgrounds and interests.
Payne Fellows will join the USAID Foreign Service as Junior Officers.
Eligibility Requirements for the Fellowship Program
- You must be a US citizen.
- You must be planning to get admitted to a two-year graduate program at a US institution starting next fall. The Payne Program must approve the school.
- You must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.2 on a 4.0-point scale.
The USAID Donald M. Payne Fellowship Program Details
· Degree Type: Graduate student
· GPA Requirement: 3.2 GPA or above
· Study Requirement: Full-time
· Curriculum: The graduate degree must be in international affairs or a related subject
· Award Amount: A maximum of $52,000 per year, for two years
· Number of fellowships: Up to fifteen awarded each year
Wondering How to Find More Great Scholarship Opportunities?
If you’re a student looking for an effortless way to find more great scholarship opportunities like this one, then check out Scholar’s App. It’s an all-in-one scholarship application management service that helps you find and win scholarships. Best of all, it’s completely free!
If you are a counselor looking to help your students instantly connect with verified scholarships, then Scholar’s App can help you too!
Lastly, if you are a scholarship donor or administrator, Scholar’s App can help you take your scholarship to the next level! Scholar’s App connects donors with qualified candidates. Using our scholarship application management software, you can post your listing, receive completed applications, collaborate with your review committee, and even send award notifications. Create a free account to start receiving more qualified and completed applications today!